Re: sshd setup question

You mentioned that it is not reaching the server through ssh, is there any
way I can find out where the problem occurs at? I am using a command line of
:
    ssh -p 422 localhost
to do this, I am not sure where in the networking the problem might lie at,
is there any way that I can find out, or assist you in finding out?

The reason I was trying it with inetd, partly because it mentioned it on the
website of yours, is because I have it working correctly for a couple of
other services that are part of cygwin.

One discrepancy I found between the website and the ssh-host-config file
that was installed on my machine is
file:
    chown system.system /var/empty
website
    chown system:system /var/empty

How should this be? If you notice the website has a colon on that line, the
file has a period on that line.

The website I am referring to is: http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html

--
Dan Adams - dan@infochi.com
http://www.infochi.com

"Larry Hall" <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com> wrote in message
5.1.0.14.0.20030901200938.01f7e0c0@127.0.0.1">news:5.1.0.14.0.20030901200938.01f7e0c0@127.0.0.1...
> You're not reaching the server.  The read of the basic version
identification
> is failing.  If the client and the server can't understand what version of
> ssh is running on either end, they don't talk.  So you're not reaching the
> server through ssh.
>
> Sorry I don't know much about setting up ssh under inetd.  Is there a
reason
> not to set it up as the documentation suggests?  I can vouch for things
> working that way.
>
> Larry
>

> At 06:38 PM 9/1/2003, Dan Adams you wrote:
> >Thanks for the comment about cygrunsrv and the method of removing service
> >from win2k That worked well
> >
> >Since I have inetd working well. I have a telnet server and also a FTP
> >server, but neither is available outside of my firewall. I thought that I
> >would try and see if I could use the sshd server that I just setup via
the
> >inetd thing. When I did this, I got an error message of:
> >
> >ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
> >
> >What would this mean? This is the only error message that I have been
> >getting from the ssh deamon when I try and connect, and even before I ran
> >that setup script.
> >
> >Dan Adams - dan@infochi.com
> >http://www.infochi.com
> >

> >"Larry Hall" <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com> wrote in message
> >5.1.0.14.0.20030901180444.01f69c90@127.0.0.1">news:5.1.0.14.0.20030901180444.01f69c90@127.0.0.1...
> >> OK, visit <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> and provide the requested
> >info.
> >> Also, send along (attached too) your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files.
> >The
> >> actual transcript of your attempt to run chown would be helpful too.
> >>
> >> cygrunsrv -E <service name> followed by cygrunsrv -R <service name>
will
> >> stop and remove a service.
> >>
> >> Larry

> >system.system