RE: md5sum of a CD

Sent: 01 September 2003 15:32 From: Corinna Vinschen
>On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 02:12:32PM +0100, Hughes, Bill wrote:
>> to something like:
>> "Windows NT/W2K/XP additionally support raw devices like floppies, disks,
>> partitions and tapes. These are accessed from Cygwin applications using
>> POSIX device names."
>>
>> The next para starts "Beginning with Cygwin 1.3.4" so it's apparent that
>> it's a change from previous behaviour.
>
>Uhm, the next para starts with "Up to Cygwin 1.3.3 ...".  Actually I
>didn't want to remove the pointer to some old method involving mount
>points since there might be still people out there using this technique.
>They should know that they should do something as a switch over, therefore
>words as "discouraged".

Actually I cut the whole paragraph starting "Up to Cygwin 1.3.3 ...", hence
'The next para starts "Beginning with Cygwin 1.3.4" '
It probably doesn't format too well in email.
I considered the point about deprecated methods and you could add a footnote
with a link to the old method.
Glad to be of service.

This e-mail transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely
for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information and if you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance
on it. If you have received this email in error, please reply to the
sender as soon as possible and delete the message. Please note that we
are able to, and reserve the right to, monitor e-mail communications
passing through our network.

The views expressed in this email are not that of the company unless
specified within the message.

The inclusion of this footnote indicates that the mail message and any
attachments have been checked for the presence of known viruses.

If you have any comments regarding our policy please direct them to
postmaster@cox.co.uk