Problems with fork()

Hate to ask a stupid question, but I cannot get fork() to work in a c++ program. I keep getting a link error saying - "undefined reference to fork()". Same problem goes for other low-level C calls like 'unlink', 'open', etc...

The test stub I'm using is this:

	#include <stdio.h>
	#include <stdlib.h>

int fork();

	main( int argc, char **argv )
	{
		int i = fork();
	}

NOTE: the same code works fine as a straight C program, it fails when I try and compile it as a .cpp file.

I checked other posts and didn't see anything close; any help would be most appreciated.

Ross Anderson.