Re: What is the minimum needed to run gtar?

Oh, OK.  I didn't know that this was a restatement of that problem
(<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg00932.html>).  Did you try
running tar on the affected systems with strace?  Perhaps a comparison
of the output from a machine where it's failing and the same from one
that doesn't would provide some insight.

Larry

Biederman, Steve wrote:

For a good, concise example and test case, go back to the problem I posted on 7/16, titled "tar 1.13.25 runs forever and produces nothing on this test case".

That behavior is seen on a bare Windows machine with no Cygwin installed
but for tar 1.13.25 and cygwin1.dll.

When I installed a Cygwin build environment in order to debug the problem,
the problem disappeared.  But its easily reproduced on a bare Windows machine.