Re: loading DLLs created with Cygwin into Sun JDK

Alan Thompson write:

OK - now you have me confused....
If you're not loading DLL's into Java for use with JNI, what are you doing?
Also, note that those techniques work for both plain JNI (i.e. java calls into C/C++) as well as the invocation API (where a C/C++ program creates an JVM).

Again, "those techniques" specify use of -mno-cygwin, which worked fine for me in my posted example. The crash happens as the DLL is loaded, not when methods are called.

Have you actually tried _not_ using -mno-cygwin?

Also, using 'javah' or not to generate the headers (and making sure JNIEXPORT and
JNICALL are in the header and implementation declarations, and using
and using -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias makes no difference. For this simple test case, you need to have JNIEXPORT/JNICALL and the -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias, or neither to get the test case to work.