Re: cut and paste problem with xemacs Was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Available for test: cygwin-1.5.0-1

"David Rothenberger" <daveroth@acm.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
3F20207A.A230E7F5@acm.org">news:3F20207A.A230E7F5@acm.org...
> This seems like the hard way of doing things.  Slow and big, too.
> There's no particular reason to start X, since rxvt will work fine
> without it and will accomplish the same thing as xterm does.

Right
I had simply a problem because I used to set DISPLAY to `hostname`:0.0 in my
.profile, and this prevented rxvt from doing its job.

Concerning environment variables and rxvt, I have found this :

Environment
       rxvt sets the environment variables TERM, COLORTERM and COLORFGBG.
The
       environment variable WINDOWID is set to the X window id number  of
the
       rxvt  window and it also uses and sets the environment variable
DISPLAY
       to specify which display terminal to use.  rxvt  uses  the
environment
       variables RXVTPATH and PATH to find XPM files.

(excerpt of man rxvt)