Re: How to diagnose Cygwin / Windows shutdown problem

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

There is such a mechanism on Win2k. I don't think there is one on Win9x. This thread seems to indicate that there isn't one on WinXP, either, at least not for shutdown messages.

Are you saying that when you click close on a shell window and Windows sends an event (WM_CLOSE I think) Cygwin does catch this but when you do shutdown of Windows then Windows does not send some event to all processes informing them to shutdown? Or are you saying that when you do shutdown of Windows then Windows does send some event to all processes informing them to shutdown but Cygwin for some reason cannot catch this one? Why would Cygwin be able to catch the WM_CLOSE but not the WM_SHUTDOWN?