Re: How to diagnose Cygwin / Windows shutdown problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Hall" <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com>
To: "Richard Anderson" <richard@richard-anderson.org>
Cc: "Timothy C Prince" <tprince@myrealbox.com>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: How to diagnose Cygwin / Windows shutdown problem

> Richard Anderson wrote:
>
> > So this is a know issue? Seems like non-standard behavior for a Windows
app.
> > All Windows apps that I know of catch the shutdown interrupt, clean up
their
> > data structures and exit gracefully.  Is there some reason why Cygwin
can't
> > do this?
>
> Let's turn the question around.  Are you interested in implementing and
> submitting a patch to do this?  I'm sure folks here would be willing to
> discuss the viability of such functionality in the context of a patch
> to implement it.

Timothy, your response might be interpreted as an attempt to discourage the
user community from reporting problems or questioning apparent design flaws.
I would think that a discussion group like this is the proper forum for
submitting comments like my original e-mail.  Any open-source software
project that doesn't encourage comments from the user community is cutting
itself off from a valuable source of feedback.

Richard Anderson
richard@richard-anderson.org
Richard.Anderson@raycosoft.com
www.richard-anderson.org