Re: cut and paste problem with xemacs Was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Available for test: cygwin-1.5.0-1

Antoine,

Please keep your replies on the list.  I set the Reply-To: header;
please make sure your mailer honors it.

> I have tried your workaround ... and it works for me, much to my surprise
> because my XEmacs is a Windows/Cygwin build, not an XWindows/Cygwin build,
> and so I do not understand what rxvt does to solve the problem.

I also don't understand why it works.  You shouldn't be surprised about
X, though, since rxvt is not (exclusively) an XWindows app and even if
it were, there is no requirement that only X apps can be run from other
X apps.

(BTW, since your XEmacs is not X-enabled, you can probably remove the
"DISPLAY= " bit from the shortcut.)

Obviously there is something different about processes spawned from a
console window (like CMD.EXE) versus those spawned from rxvt.  I have no
idea what it is...

Dave