RE: Spammers watching this user forum

A nice win program is also:

http://www.mailwasher.net/

See below; it also has a small footprint, is quick and I have it always
running. (it does by far not hog as much resources as outlook, loads only
the headers unless you request to see the content; is 'dumb' (does not run
any scripts, or open any applications, ocx's and the likes) and the bouncing
is a cute side effect. It seems to work, though the acm takes a big bite off
of the spam sent to me since they first despam and THEN forward. So I can
only allege that it's effective.

Excerpt from their site follows: (I am naturally NOT related to them)

Q.        How does MailWasher work?
A.        MailWasher works directly with your email server, exactly like
your email program does. But there is one important difference: you can tell
MailWasher to delete a message at the server, without downloading it - or
you can bounce an email back to the sender so that it looks as though your
address is not valid.

MailWasher retrieves information about all the emails on the server. With
that information (some of which is also processed by MailWasher) you can
decide what to do with each individual email - download, delete, or bounce
back.

If you check your account with MailWasher first, you can delete or bounce
the emails you do not want. Then, when you use your email program, it
downloads only the remaining emails, those that you want to read.

MailWasher can be thought of as a "first line of defence" which can weed out
junk, large wasteful attachments, and potentially harmful viruses.