Re: Permission problems with recent Cygwin

Hmmm.

I recently had need of reinstalling my cygwin installation.  I did find the
permissions were overly restrictive.  Even though I had marked the
installation for everyone, only the account I used to create
it could login until I did:
        chmod -R ug+rwX,o+rX /
        chmod 1777 `find / -name tmp`
I also found I had to do a
        chown -R Administrator.SYSTEM /
        chown SYSTEM.SYSTEM /etc/empty
        chmod go-w /etc/empty

However, most of these second set of permissions changes where because I
wanted anyone with Administrator privileges to be able to use "setup" to add
packages, not just the account I used for
the base installation.

I'd be happy to provide more details, but I've already clobbered all the
permissions...

                                                            Bill