Re: ssh with keys to Cygwin/Openssh on Windows XP

    Jeffrey> Thanks everyone for all of the help...  it seems that my
    Jeffrey> problem was a permission one, and combined the last post,
    Jeffrey> I figured it out...  it seems that all of the files in
    Jeffrey> ~/.ssh need to be owned by SYSTEM.SYSTEM (which strikes
    Jeffrey> me as strange, the only thing I can figure out is that
    Jeffrey> the sshd service is running as the SYSTEM user...)  and
    Jeffrey> once I chmod'd them to SYSTEM.SYSTEM, public key
    Jeffrey> authentication works as it should...

I've been having the same problem as you, so I just tried that
workaround.  It didn't work -- and I made sure to stop and restart the
SSHD service after doing the chmod.  Hmph.

--
In the practice of computing, where we have so much latitude for
making a mess of it, mathematical elegance is not a dispensable

        -- Edsger W. Dijkstra: My Hopes of Computing Science (EWD  709)
        http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/ewd07xx/EWD709.PDF