Re: Cygwin apps talking to Windows browsers?

I'm no expert on how to do this in mh-e but speaking of the general case,
there's no particular jiggery-pokery needed to get a Cygwin app to launch
a URL in a Windows browser.

e.g. try typing

explorer "http://www.google.com/";

from your bash prompt, or if you want your default Windows URL handler to
handle it by magic, you can do

cmd /c start "http://www.google.com";

(the start trick works in Win2K and XP, not sure about DOS-style Windows).

Assuming mh-e has a configuration option that lets you give it a command
string to execute with a %s or whatever where the URL should be, one of
those approaches should do the trick.

As far as clicking on a URL in a remote app and having it display in a
local Windows browser goes... Pass. Anyone else?

Andrew.