Re: Procedure entry not found in cygwin1.dll

Harald Houppermans wrote:

> Shit
>
> When I set the path via a batch file on windows xp.
>
> As soon as the batch file ends the path returns to normal...

If you want changes to be persistent, look into either the "Setx" tool
or "Pathman" tool, both from the Windows resource kit.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/pathman-o.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/setx-o.asp

But, I wouldn't bother going to all that trouble.  Cygwin sets its path
in /etc/profile -- as long as /bin (aka /usr/bin) is ahead of $PATH
(which is Windows' path), Cygwin should be happy since it will always
find its version of things.  You can check this with "echo $PATH" from a
cygwin prompt, but /bin (and possibly /usr/sbin, /usr/local/bin, etc.)
should all be at the head of the list.

Why are you compiling bintools anyway?  There's a package you know...

Brian