RE: _stderr, _stdout, _errno etc.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Vikram Mehta wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> These are plain C question, that is why I asked them here.
>
> These are not due to not  including header files.
> the gcc that comes with CYGWIN cabot find the proper libraries.
>
> That is y I asked this question.
>
> I thought somebody here might know what library will have thse functions in
> CYGWIN.
>
> Can u help me here

I doubt it, your not giving anyone much to go on. If you are having a problem
running a command, it would make sense to tell us what command failed for you
(and what output you received from the command), no?

As I said in a follow-up reply yesterday, basename is not yet in a Cygwin
release, it will be in one of the 1.5 releases, however.

What happens when you try and compile

--- CUR HERE ---
#include <errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int
main ()
{
  char in[80];

  fprintf (stdout, "enter a string: ");
  scanf ("%s", in);
  fprintf (stderr, ""
                   "you typed: %s\n"
                   "errno (%d)\n"
                   "", in, errno ? errno : 0);
  return 0;
}
--- CUT HERE ---

using

$ gcc above.c
$ ./a

?

If you get error's, try re-installing the 'gcc' package and/or the 'cygwin'
package, and if after doing so you still recieve error's, see
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html> on how to report your findings and provide
more information to help fix your problem.

Elfyn