Problems with cron

Hi,

I have scoured the net, run cron_diagnose.sh (no reported errors) and
followed every suggestion I could find. Yet I cannot get cron to work.

At the prompt I get the following error:

Cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error
1062: The service has not been started.

The Event Logs say that crontab as well as cron could not be found.
Attached are the requested files.

Please bear in mind that I am a TOTAL Linux/Unix novice, so apologies if
it is an obvious problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Jarrod