Re: download the older version of openssh

Doug VanLeuven wrote:

Larry Hall wrote:

Doug VanLeuven wrote:

Larry Hall wrote:

Arnold Wang wrote:

Can someone tell me whether I can still download the older version, 3.5p1-3,
of openssh? It fixed the display problem I'm experiencing. With the latest
version, 3.6.1p1-2, I downloaded, certains NT console applications, like net
commands, won't have its output displayed through ssh session.

I expect the answer to this is 'no where', unless there is a very dated
mirror out there.  Perhaps you'd be interested in tracking this problem
a little more closely in an effort to localize the problem and find a
solution?

That would help.   But in the meantime, I just checked.
I have a copy lying in my local download directory.
Can you accept a 450kb mail attachment?

Arnold may.  I and the list will not.  Please don't send it to anyone
other than Arnold, assuming he requests it.  Note, I expect that you were
only asking if Arnold would like to receive this attachment and not the
entire list but I decided I would clear up any ambiguity. ;-)

Ok Dad. Didn't mean to scare anyone.
Actually, the only reason I cc'd the list was on the off chance someone might
contribute the proper way to include it so setup could revert it.
I've never done that.

It would be available for folks to optionally revert to if it were still
available on the mirrors.  If a package maintainer feels that a particular
problem is so terrible that the proper short-term patch is to revert the
package, that can be accomplished via setup by the maintainer creating
a new package with a later Cygwin version number but earlier code.
However, I don't think that applies in this case since the OpenSSH versions in
question are different (3.5 versus 3.6).  In this case, the maintainer
would have to explicitly state what the current version is in setup.hint.
But this is all at the discretion of the package maintainer.

At this point, I haven't seen anything yet that signifies whether the
problem is related to the OpenSSH version or something else.  If someone
who has access to the older OpenSSH package wants to (carefully) install
it to see if it makes a difference in this case, that would be worthwhile
feedback for this list.  Otherwise debugging the problem in the current
version is the proper way to a long-term solution.  Stepping back, even if
it's an option, is a stop-gap solution at best.  Anyone who can help with
the long-term solution to this problem is heartily encouraged to do so. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746