Re: top is gone (PLUS sshd logs)

jurgen.defurne@philips.com wrote:

> Fred,
>
> I think top is part of the procps package. Try installing that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jurgen

Thanks, Jurgen.  It turns out to be in /usr/bin, which
I checked.

It's amazing.  I wonder how it disappeared the first
time (before I wiped away c:\Cygwin).  Right now,
xterms are behaving properly again, and I will see
if they remain doing so when I've recustomized the
window manager the way it was before.  I wish I knew
what caused that, if only to avoid recustomizing my
environment again.

Thanks a bunch.

Fred

P.S.  I looked at the man pages for where sshd
records its log of accesses, but couldn't find
info about this.  Nothing in the default config
file either.  Is this a cygwin specific location?
I would have liked to check for external accesses
today (or yesterday, by now).
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics