Re: E Z ? - Tried installing KDE and lost original windowing system

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Robert Pollard wrote:
> I tried to install KDE and it wouldn't run after installation.  I did
> all the post installation changes.  It comes up with an error window
> saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
> Click on OK to terminate the application."
>
> This has happened every since I installed the KDE packages.
>
> I reversed all of the changes to get the original windowing system back
> and it still comes up with this error.
>
> Any ideas?
Yep!
Have a look here
	http://cygwin.com/lists.html
and here
	http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/ml/
to find the right list; then have a look here
	http://cygwin.com/problems.html
to find what info to provide, and perhaps (if you haven't yet) have a look
here
	http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/
to find more info.

HTH