From: <dan.hatton@btinternet.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 5:49 AM
Subject: Memleak Apparently Attributable to Cygwin Setup

> I've tried the "extreme patience" suggestion.  After 2 hours of
installing, Setup was still on a2ps, and total memory usage had reached
~2GB, although setup.exe was only admitting to being responsible for ~14MB
of it.  I think we can conclude that this hasn't worked.  Next, I'll give
the "latest sparkly version of Setup" suggestion a try.

> One for Dave, who seems to be experiencing exactly the same problem: did
this first arise just after installing Microsoft's cumulative patch for IE6
service pack 1?  This, and maybe a couple of other MS patches, are the only
things I can think of that changed on my system, between Setup working and
not working.