Partial Solution! - Native Microsoft Telnet Client Blows Past the Password Prompt

Sooo, competing for a "FREE" copy of CYGWIN!, whose advice was the REAL
solution???

Was it KIA #1   -    Richard Campbell	unset crlf

or     KIA #2   -    Thorsten Kampe		unset ntlm

And the Winner is ..............  RICHARD CAMPBELL!!!  Ding Ding DING!!

KIA???	Richard Campbell  - "Know it All"
		Thorsten Kampe	- "Killed in Action"  ( a WAGer?? )

Nevertheless the efforts of both were much appreciated!

COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE ARCHIVE SURFERS LIKE ME WKN
(Who Know Nothing)

At Start Menu Run, or in a CMD window, type "telnet" and hit enter.
One should see this:

	Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 (TM) Version 5.00 (Build 2195)
	Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client
	Telnet Client Build 5.00.99206.1

	Escape Character is 'CTRL+]'

	Microsoft Telnet>

At the prompt ( Microsoft Telnet> ) type:

	unset crlf<ENTER>

Then type   quit   to exit.

Again - Thanks to Richard Campbell.

Now for my UAU (unsolicited and unwanted) RANT. It is only a "partial"
solution because the default setting for millions of 2000 telnet clients
around the globe is incompatible with Cygwin. And of course, unless
someone "knows" the "simple" solution above - they are outta luck. Of
course brain surgery is "simple" if you know how to do it. So why isn't
it fixed yet??

BWAM

I understand, really I do ;-)

BK