RE: Problem Running Apache through Cygwin

Elfyn,

Thanks for the reply.  Well you're right about apache and cygwin's conflict.
I can't install in as a service either.  I tried, "cygrunsrv -I httpd -p
/usr/sbin/httpd -a -k".  That worked fine, but when I "cygrunsrv -S httpd"
it gives me this:
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.
Kind of strange :)  I am running XP and I checked the Event Log, it shows an
error with httpd, but doesn't give any relevant information.

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( httpd ) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: httpd : PID 3364 :
starting service `httpd' failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted."

Well I will be playing with this to see if I can get something to work.  If
not I will wait until the Cygwin 1.5.0 update :)

Sergio Parracho