Re: Vim and the navigating with arrow keys

Brian.Kelly@empireblue.com wrote:

KUDOS - I had the following setting in the registry:
      /usr/bin/inetd.exe      REG_SZ      binmode tty ntsec

I don't know that that's the culprit - I just set CYGWIN=tty and TERM=cygwin, and started a fresh bash from a cmd shell, and vim worked fine with your example.

(Of course, it did show that other problem discussed around here, in that after I exited vim, bash was left in a no-echo mode..)