Re: Problems on accessing Windows network resources.

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 03:37:54PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Coincidentally I was just looking at that. A side effect of switching to
> the system account is that the user access token obtained with a password
> is lost. A new password-less user token is then generated, but it doesn't

Nope, that can't be correct.  First of all, the impersonation token
saved by cygwin_set_impersonation_token() is used for all subsequent
set(e)uid calls for that user internally.  Switching back to the
privileged account and switching forth again is part of the design.
You (Pierre) can check this by examining the impersonation token
after logging in using e.g. telnet.  You will find a logon SID in
the token as well as being Advapi the source.  It's the token given
by the previous cygwin_logon_user() call.

> Actually I am attaching what should be a fix, but it's only tested on
> WinME. Feedback welcome. Compile as follows and mv the .exe to /bin
> gcc login.c -o login -l crypt

I've uploaded a new version of login using setgid/setuid.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.