Re: [postmaster@sources.redhat.com] This is all very silly...

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 09:08:07PM +0200, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:
>>From Christopher Faylor
>
><BIG SNIP>
>
>Apart from all the facts on rudeness and such...

Yeah, apart from that tiny fact.

>If I get this kind of response (rude or not) on something I have
>written/published (It has happened ;-P) - then I go wondering if I have
>done a bad job communicating relevant stuff.

The cygwin web page, FAQ, etc. are not static documents.  There is no
reason for you to assume that they are.

> At times I have found problems e.g. in descriptive text.

If you are referring to problems at the cygwin web page, then you always
have the option of providing new text.  Otherwise, suggesting that you
"have found problems" is valueless information on the order of saying
"my program doesn't run" when reporting a bug.

>- One thing I have learnt; every attempting to keep a humble profile
>can help.  (irritation and short time-limits in combination makes me
>less humble ;-)

And, offering unsolicited advice in a public forum is the height of
humbleness, eh?

cgf