question re cygpcre.dll error message

Dear Christopher,

I downloaded setup.exe for cygwin from http://cygwin.com

then ran it and installed from archive.progeny.com

This had no problem.

When I clicked on the desktop icon, I got a box with this error
message:

This application has failed to start because cygpcre.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

So I reinstalled from archive.progeny.com but each time it
said my installation was complete.

I have cygwin running fine on a older comnputer (Windows 2000 --
the new computer is Windows DX) and there is no cygpcre.dll
file there at all, as found by the search command.

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks so much,

Bruce