AUX (RE: Sparse file criteria malfunction - binutils produces sparse .exe & .dll files)

 It isn't just "AUX"...

$ echo >AUX.info TEST
bash: AUX.info: No such file or directory

$ echo >LPT TEST

$ echo >CON TEST
     15 [main] bash 1780 fhandler_base::dup: dup(/home/Hannu/CON) failed,
handle 1B, Win32 error 87
bash: CON: Invalid argument

$ echo >CON.info TEST
8051785 [main] bash 1780 fhandler_base::dup: dup(/home/Hannu/CON.info)
failed, handle 1F, Win32 error 87
bash: CON.info: Invalid argument

 I'm about to move my 'Amiga' over to the PC and try WinUAE.
The above (AUX) appeared during the move.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, 59~14'N, 17~12'E
 ~ <=> degree

--
Background:
 One form of driver loading on the Amiga is done with simple text files

--END OF MESSAGE--