RE: New setup: User not found? /cygdrive/h as default home directory?

Hans,

Well, there's nothing in your cygcheck output that points to the cause of
your problem (other than the fact that you have more than one cygwin1.dll
on your system -- very bad, but probably not related).

If your computer sees multiple domains, you may have to specify the domain
name that the user "qhander" is part of to mkpasswd after the -d flag
(i.e., run "mkpasswd -u YourUser -d YourDomain >> /etc/passwd").
You also need to run "mkgroup -d >> /etc/group" (and, apparently,
"mkgroup -d YourDomain >> /etc/group")...  Also, you most likely have
*two* users with the name "qhander": one local to your machine (with a
small user id), and one in the domain (with UID 18544) -- you log in as
the domain one, but your /etc/passwd contains the local one (with the
wrong SID and UID).  Once you update /etc/passwd with your domain user
information, change the name of the local user to something else (e.g.,
"qhander_local").
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/