Re: NTsec permissions issue over inet

Thanks for responding Larry,

I actually had tried most permutations of (no)ntsec, (no)smbntsec, (no)ntea,
etc... and on other machines that didn't have weird path or passwd
entries. -- no dice

I think I may have a good hint as to what is going on,  but I'll need
someone who knows the system better than I to figure out the solution.

By the way I have around 300 machines here,  and I found one which is
running cygwin1.3.2 and which works fine.  This leads me to think that it is
something to do with the hosts.equiv functionality which I believe was non
functional before at 1.3.2 ( at least I didn't use it here).  I found
machine that if I : forced the user to use a password and I set some
permutations of the permissions...  it then works:  example:

dobrin@THEODOLITE:/home/dobrin> rsh gable3
Fanfare!!!
dobrin@GABLE3:/home/dobrin> echo $CYGWIN
ntea nontsec smbntsec
dobrin@GABLE3:/home/dobrin> cd //matilda/dist
//matilda/dist: Permission denied.

BUT,  If I force a passwd entry:

dobrin@THEODOLITE:/home/dobrin> rsh gable3 -l poo
Password:
Login incorrect
login: dobrin
Password:
Fanfare!!!
dobrin@GABLE3:/home/dobrin> echo $CYGWIN
ntea nontsec smbntsec
dobrin@GABLE3:/home/dobrin> cd //matilda/dist
dobrin@GABLE3:/matilda/dist>

Unfortunately I don't really think of this as a good solution ,  and it
doesn't appear to work with my default $CYGWIN setup.
Does this help at all?
Thanks,
Bruce