Why not compress cygcheck output? (was RE: updatedb broken?)

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> As a matter of fact, <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html> and
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> should be the same document.  And it
> does say
>
>    Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that as an attachment
>    in your report.  Please do not compress the output.  Just attach it as
>    a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.
>
> However, the part about it having to be an attachment is not stressed.  We
> should probably do something about that.
>         Igor

My mailer (netscape) refuses to attach text files as anything but
inline.  Yes, I know I can use another mailer, but that's kind of a pain
and the few I've checked out also don't allow this to be controlled.
While I'm sure there is a mailer that allows it, I can easily avoid this
issue by compressing the cygcheck output.

So, why is it important that the output not be compressed?  In fact, if
you asked for compressed output, it seems more likely that it would be
an attachment and not inlined.

Dave