Problems when running initdb with 7.3.2-2

I get the following when running intitdb:
initializing pg_shadow... LOG:  FindExec:  invalid binary
"/usr/bin/postgres"
FATAL: /usr/bin/postgres: could not locate executable, bailing out

I am running initdb logged in as user postgres. When logged in as a
different user, initdb finishes successfully.

This is windowsXP.

My cygwin1.dll is the snapshot version (20030520), I have cygipc 1.14. I
could not find anything specific in the mailing lists that could help me get
this cleared up. If I missed something please point me in the right
direction.

Thanks for any help,

Matthew Rudolph