Re: Implicit dependency on the existence of /bin/ in make 3.79.1-7 - possible bug

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 04:11:24PM +0100, Paul Connell wrote:
>Basically, if make is intended to be usable outside of a proper install
>of cygwin, this is a bug. If not, it's not.
>
>Thanks for reading.

As it stands now, make defaults --win32 mode outside of a proper install
of cygwin.  You properly identified the line that caused the change in
behavior.  The code assumes that if it is running in a properly
configured environment, it should default to UNIX mode, otherwise it
defaults to win32.

If you want to submit a patch to rectify the behavior, I'll certainly
consider it.  I'm not sure how it would work, exactly, since just setting
the SHELL to something doesn't guarantee that make should be in UNIX mode.

Workarounds are to set the environment variable MAKE_MODE=unix or to add
the --unix option to your make command line.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org