Re: Porting - link error

Andrew Markebo wrote:

> Just a small thought..
> | I can't find anything in the makefile that would upset name mangling.
> | CC = gcc
> | CFLAGS = -g -O $(DFLAGS) -Wall
> | DFLAGS = -DSYSV -DHAS_ITIMER -DHASSELECT
>
> Hmm haven't seen -DSYSV used before, what happens if you try to run
> without it.. and -DHAS_ITIMER? (who made the makefile BTW?)

In this application, the various DFLAGS are used during compiling to select
between the library functions & header files of the various unixes. Don't
appear to have anything to do with linking.

Lots of compile errors if -DSYSV is omitted.

Andrew M's other idea:
> | LIBS = -lm -lc
>
> What happens when you run this empty?

Changed to LIBS=(nothing)
Suddenly it link works. Yippee.
Just gone back and re-read "man ld", and I still don't understand.

Anyway, well done!

Now to see if I can use it to turn lights on & off....

Thanks to all for your help. Much appreciated.

Campbell.