Re: Help cross compiling for MingW32 standalone executables.

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 14:49:18PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I maintain binutils.  I know what the problem is.  If 'gcc -mno-cygwin'
> could be made to never search /usr/lib that would solve many -mno-cygwin
> problems.

I am probably overlooking a lot here, but it seems to me that if you add
the equivalent of:

-Wl,-nostdlib,-L/usr/lib/w32api

to the -mno-cygwin linker specs in gcc, you would get what you want.  If
you want me to work up a patch, I'll give it a try.

On a side note, I can not commit to being gcc's permanent maintainer, but
I would be happy to at least try merging the 3.3 release, maybe more
as time permits.  Let me know if you are interested, and give me a few
pointers to start with (like the status of the branch, how much is not
there, etc.)

Thanks.

--
Brian Ford