Re: Cygwin Net - Compilation

Deepa,

The mount invocation below (without quotes) worked for me from a cmd.exe
prompt.

Again, Cygwin mounts are persistent, and global.  You can't mount
something "for one session", and then have that mount be invisible to
other sessions.  Once you mount something, it's there.  The only
granularity you have is that different users have different mounts.
And the cygdrive mount is just a special kind of mount.

So, again, you only need to run mount once.  From either bash or cmd.exe
-- doesn't matter.  When you've run it, you will not be able to use the
/cygdrive/c syntax to refer to your drives anymore, so you'll have to use
the //c syntax everywhere.

If you want the /c in your path to work, just do another "mount c:/ /c",
and you're all set.  Same for other drives.
	Igor
P.S. When you were restoring your mounts, you did remember to use the "-s"
flag, didn't you?

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II