RE: nfs server

> But, I don't see it running under Win2k services.  Do I need to start
> mountd and/or nfsd through the Services?

Did you run the /bin/nfs-server-config script?  This should
install portmap, mountd, and nfsd as services for you, and
create a sample /etc/exports file if you don't already have
one.

Once those services are installed, you should be able to
see them in the Services view.  You can start them from that
view; or, from a command line, you should be able to type

# net start nfsd

...and see portmap, mountd, and nfsd start (in that order.)

> So, if /etc/exports has /pub  (ro,all_squash), is there a
> command I can run to see if it's ready to be mounted remotely?

Try "showmount --exports <ip_address>".  On my RedHat install,
at least, showmount is installed in /usr/sbin.

> BTW, /pub is just a directory, not a filesystem, so it's
> hanging off of /.
> Does it have to be an FS?

No - directory is fine.

-Samrobb