Fwd: Fw: no cyrillic fonts in windows 2000

Shouldn't have used Outlook... the first string Îêóäæàâà, the second one is éöóêöóø. Sorry again.

Sorry, those should be cyrillic strings, the first one is Ð?кÑ?джава, the
second one is йÑ?Ñ?кÑ?Ñ?Ñ? :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "kuzma725" <kuzma725@hotmail.com> To: <cygwin@cygwin.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 1:06 PM Subject: Re: no cyrillic fonts in windows 2000

> Igor, I have another question for you. Maybe this should be addressed to
> another list, but I figured you might know the answer.. hope this is not
too
> off-topic. I have an TCL script that I run using Expect from Cygwin. It
> used to work fine, but one day something happened that messed it up, and I
> can't figure out what it is. Here's an 3-line version of the script,
> demonstrating the problem, that you will understand even if you don't know
> TCL or Expect:
>
> #!/bin/tclsh
> set author [lindex $argv 0]
> puts #$author#
>
> All this does is print to the standard output the first parameter to the
> script from the command line. When I run the script (testCyr.tcl) with a
> cyrillic parameter:
>
> expect testCyr.tcl ????????
>
> I am expecting this output:

> but instead get:
>
> #???????
>
> and no error messages. But some cyrillic strings, such as "???????" work
> fine, as well as any latin string. Any ideas? I am positive that it
worked
> before!
>

> Thanks,
> Yury