Re: New package: rpm-4.1-1

Hi!
Thanks a lot!
I have installed rpm, rpm-build and rpm-doc from net releases, but I can't find
 /usr/include/rpm*.h and /usr/lib/lib*.
Dose it miss a package rpm-devel?
And looks like librpm, librpmbuild, librpmio and librpmdb were built in static lib format,
why not buld them in DLL format? The .exe files are too big.

Thanks.

Dario Alcocer wrote:
rpm-4.1-1 has been added to the Cygwin net distribution.

The RPM Package Manager (RPM) is a powerful command line driven package
management system capable of installing, uninstalling, verifying,
querying, and updating computer software packages. Each software package
consists of an archive of files along with information about the package
like its version, a description, and the like.

RPM is used primarily on Linux to handle software installation and
removal. The Cygwin port aims to bring some of this capability to
Cygwin.

The primary source of information for RPM is:
<http://www.rpm.org/>

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The Cygwin setup program DOES NOT support RPM packages, and currently
there are no plans to add RPM support soon.

INSTALLATION:

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up `rpm'
from the `Utils' category.

Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need to
find a mirror which has this update.

In the US, ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ is a
reliable high bandwidth connection.

In Japan, ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/gnu/gnu-win32/ is recommended.

In Denmark, http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/cygwin/ is recommended.

If one of the above doesn't have this package you can either wait for
the site to be updated or find another mirror.

Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin mailing
list at: cygwin@cygwin.com. If you want to subscribe go to:
http://cygwin.com/lists.html. I would appreciate if you would use this
mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes ideas and
comments about the setup utility, the Cygwin RPM port, or Cygwin in
general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:

Many thanks to the following people in reviewing the package: Chris
Faylor, Vince Hoffman, Igor Pechtchanski, Chuck Wilson, and Nicholas
Wourms. I also want to thank Max Bowsher and Yann Crausaz for sharing
their RPM ports and Cygwin RPM patches.