Re: How do I install own packages found on the net?

> I did not found the utility I wanted on the cygwin site, so I went
searching
> on the net and found a package that had what I wanted. Its a binary bz2
> archive and a source tar.gz archive. So I know that running setup should
be
> only the way to install packages so I want setup to recognize my package!
> don't know how :(
>
> I looked in setup.ini and added it to it, but no change.
> Please help me

You only have to (or are encouraged to) use setup.exe with Cygwin packages
from the net release. If you've found binary packages on the internet then
you install them as you would on UNIX/Linux (untar them). Make sure that the
binary package you have is designed for Cygwin (ie., Win32 PE) and are not
Linux binaries.

Elfyn