Re: shell display latin char. like this '\351'

/ sferriol <sylvain.ferriol@imag.fr> wrote:
| [...]
| i'm just using a cygwin terminal
| but if in this terminal , i use ssh and i 'm connecting to a linux
| computer, the latin characters (in bash) are displayed correctly

And where is it they show up wrongly? When you do ls? When you do cat?
When you type them from your keyboard? When you tab-expand some
filename with them in?

My first thought is ls, and this is because it per default don't show
8 bit characters.. try with "--show-control-chars"

     /Andy

--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you. Don't
 walk after me, I might be unable to lead you. Just walk by my side