Another postinstall failure

Hi everyone!

I've been using cygwin for the past few years, on windows 98 and 2k.
Recently, my win2k-SP1 machine was "platformed" (is that a verb?) to company
standards (Windows 2000 Pro, SP2, Spanish), so yesterday I downloaded
everything and performed a fresh install (setup 2.340.2.5 downloaded from
cygwin.com, "Download from Internet", mirror: http://archive.progeny.com ,
and then "Install from local directory", which is different than c:\cygwin
), and now I'm in a similar situation to that outlined in this thread
(sorry, just the web link:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg00406.html ). Basically, the
postinstall scripts start complaining a lot (installl-info: not found;
basename: not found; sed: not found; etc.), *but* the /etc/paswwd and
/etc/group files are created, whereas the "home" directory isn't, so I'm
left with a system that doesn't recognize any commands unless I prepend
"/bin/" and almost all my shell scripts just error out. I've tried as a user
with administrative rights, as a normal user, as a user not logged in to the
domain controller, but I always end up in the same situation (also tried
default and full installs). I checked out the thread I mentioned above, and
here are some answers to questions asked there (will be quoting from the web
pages). I created user "cygwin" to do all the tests, and always deleted the
full cygwin tree and registry entries before installing (the same thing
happens wth the default user, BTW):

>What happens when you type sh -c /etc/postinstall/passwd-grp.sh.done?
It just executes the command.

>Do you have an /etc/passwd file? If not please type
>mkpasswd -l -c > /etc/passwd
>mkgroup -l -c > /etc/group
>and then getfacl /etc
Yes, I have the /etc/passwd file (attached, along with /etc/group), here's
the output for getfacl:

bash-2.05b$ /bin/getfacl /etc
# file: /etc
# owner: cygwin
# group: Usuarios
user::---
group::---
mask:rwx
other:rwx
default:other:rwx

And here's my (very short!) cygcheck:

bash-2.05b$ /bin/cygcheck -srv

Cygwin Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Thu Apr 24 16:01:46 2003

Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2

        c:\WINNT
        c:\WINNT\System32\Wbem
        e:\synergia
        e:\avb
`id' program not found

None of the log files say much (they show all programs being installed and
the scripts being executed), but I can attach them if necessary. Any help
will be greatly appreciated! (sorry if it turns out to be just a dumb
mistake on my part... :(  )

TIA, Joey.

 <<group>>  <<passwd>>