Re: pdksh: problem with read and string compare

Ok, so it is an erroneous line endings problem. The tmp file containing the
output of the external command has line seps of the form 0x0d 0x0d 0x0a.
Does it help if I switch the drive to text-mode since drive e is mounted in
binmode?

 muehle at sparrow /cygdrive/e/DataDictionary/report/resource
$ mount
D:\software\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
D:\software\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
D:\software\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type user (binmode,noumount)

-thomas