Re: CVS head bash problem

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Rolf Campbell wrote:

I've been using a cvs head cygwin1.dll that I compiled on Friday, and
I've noticed something a little strange.  Occationally, when I run a
bash command, bash runs it in the backgroud (and I didn't have a & at
the end).  And when the sub-process ends, sometimes bash continues to
run correctly, sometimes everything ends (rxvt window exits).

Now, the cygwin dll that I build was with the patch that I posted here
(I really don't think that patch caused this), and it was partially
compiled with -g & without -O2.
-Rolf

Rolf,

When rxvt exits, is there a stack dump?  Can the problem be reproduced
under the console, or in an xterm?  Can it be reproduced using "bash -c
..."?  If so, can it be reproduced under strace?
	Igor

There was no stack dump. I've only seen this problem in rxvt. I only see it less than 5% of the time. I saw it happen about 5 times today. I've only seen it when I was running make. I just tried running 'sleep 1' about 100 times, and all of them ran in the foreground. I will try using the NT console to run all my stuff tomorrow and let you know if I see it outside rxvt.