RE: Upgraded, CYGWIN *much* slower

> From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu]

> On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:
>
> > > From: cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com
> [mailto:cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com]On Behalf
> > > Of Matthew W. Roberts
> >
> > > Checking the update logs I found this:
> > >
> > > 2003/04/12 16:12:27 Could not open service McShield for query, start
> > > and stop. McAfee may not be installed, or we don't have access.

--8<--

> Umm, Hannu, did you even *read* what you replied to?  The log message said
> that McAfee was *not* installed... :-D

 I'm glad to amuse you... :-} ...
 But I would say that McAfee was running partially - even without those
"service points" active - it should have a load of things to check.
 There could be another possible cause; McAfee is re-attempting the above at
certain points...
 -> CPU-time consumption. (Conspiracy? Naahh ;-)

 Though; I do not know much about *antivirus* internal details (in
contradiction to OS internals), but the above should IMO *not* be a complete
set of possible/necessary "service points" - based on my OS knowledge.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden

--END OF MESSAGE--