re: OT - Deleting job in printer queue via command line

Hi,

% net help print The syntax of this command is:

NET PRINT \\computername\sharename [\\computername] job# [/HOLD | /RELEASE | /DELETE]

NET PRINT displays print jobs and shared queues. For each queue, the display lists jobs, showing the size and status of each job, and the status of the queue.

\\computername           Is the name of the computer sharing the printer
                         queue(s).
sharename                Is the name of the shared printer queue.
job#                     Is the identification number assigned to a print
                         job. A computer with one or more printer queues
                         assigns each print job a unique number.
/HOLD                    Prevents a job in a queue from printing.
                         The job stays in the printer queue, and other
                         jobs bypass it until it is released.
/RELEASE                 Reactivates a job that is held.
/DELETE                  Removes a job from a queue.

NET HELP command | MORE displays Help one screen at a time.

You just said "won't work." If we're to help you, you have to give us more to go on than that. What result did you get? Nothing at all? A diagnostic? If you'd like to be forward looking, show us your PATH variable, tell us which version of Windows you're running, which shell you're using, things like that.

Best of all, read <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html> (and <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>) and then try again.

Randall Schulz

At 09:36 2003-04-21, Bushy wrote:

Hmmm...won't work?