Re: Changing cygwin directory

Pierre Mallard wrote:
Hi,
I was used to have cygwin at C:
And I'd like to move it to d:,
What are the op I must do in order to make it works?
I've already change the cygwin.bat but still it can't
run properly :
Here is what it prompt (after moving cygwin directory
to d: and changing cygwin.bat file):
bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
bash-2.05b$

He can't find sh, ls,... and I didn't succeed in
trying to find some c: text in cygwin directory...
Thanx for help

The recommended way of doing this is to use setup.exe. You should uninstall your current installation on your C: drive and install again on your D: drive. This will handle all the configuration for you so that things work. Now, that's not to say that you can't perform these tasks yourself manually. You just have to know what you're doing. In your case, you have at least forgotten to update your mount points. It's very easy to get yourself into a non-working state if you're not careful. At this point, your quickest and easiest route back to a working Cygwin installation is to use setup.exe.

-- Larry Hall lhall at rfk dot com RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX