Re: compiling wine under cygwin - status ??

K K wrote:
> I am a NEWBIE in this area. I am very interested in
> the wine and cygwin. Can wine work under cygwin now?
> I just found the status from David on Nov28, 2002, is
> there news about it now? howto is better:-)

I think Wine is still based on LinuxThreads.
There has been some motion towards basing it on pthreads,
but as far as I know it's not complete (except perhaps
in WineX from Transgaming).

There has also been a bit of progress towards
building Wine DLLs with MinGW (kind of the opposite of
what you're looking for).

You should probably ask on wine-devel, since all the
work to be done is on wine's side, not on cygwin's.

What is your interest in using Wine on Cygwin?
Simply the beauty of fully nestable environments,
or some practical reason?
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel