Re: mount & ls

Doug,

Mounting creates a record internal to Cygwin. In a classic Unix file system where the direct closes counterpart to the Cygwin mount originated, the directory onto which a file system device or partition was to be mounted had to exist.

So the answer is, just mkdir the mount-point directory (as you'd have to in Unix). When the mount is not in effect, you'll see what's in the mount-point directory. When the mount is in effect, you'll see the contents of the mounted directory instead.

The same goes to get completion to work.

Randall Schulz