Re: IMAP server, anyone?

To make it "silent and invisible", I run inetd as an NT service and I have
the following line in /etc/inetd.conf:
imap stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/imapd

To have inetd run as a service, do the following after installing the
inetutils package:
/usr/sbin/inetd --install-as-service

Now you shouldn't have any useless console windows hanging around :)

Of course you may already be doing this and there's a different issue that's
forcing you to have the console window?

In my case, I use fetchmail running as an NT service under cygrunsrv with my
user credentials to grab all my email from a few ISP accounts.  Fetchmail
then invokes procmail, and procmail calls the appropriate UW imap tool to
inject each email into the imap system.

I don't know a whole lot about procmail, just enough to use it for sorting
mail... here's an example of a section in my ~/procmail/rc.filtering file:

:0 wr
* ^TO_cygwin at cygwin dot com
|/usr/bin/tmail Abe+cygwin

:0 wr
* ^TO_cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com