Re: Upgraded, CYGWIN *much* slower

> What OS are you running?
Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3

> Which version of Cygwin did you have before?
Sorry, but I can't remember.  It's been a couple of months or so
since I last updated.  There were quite a few packages that
upgraded.

> Where is the "cygcheck -svr" output?

Attached, as requested.  I used mutt to attach, hopefully it did it
right.

> What are the symptoms/triggers of the slowdown -- is it just
> "perceived" slowness, or do you have the timings?

Unfortunately, I don't have any timings -- the slowness is "perceived".

One example:  I've a shell script that scans a mailbox for Subject:
and From: lines and prints them:

#!/bin/sh

# Need a command line argument: the file name to scan
[ $# -gt 0 ] || exit

test -s $1 && (printf "\nMail in $1:\n\n"; grep ^From: $1; echo "---"; grep ^Subject: $1)
# END SCRIPT

It was fairly slow before (slower than on Linux, anyway).  Now there
is a noticeable (3-4 second) delay after it prints out before I get
back to the command line.

That seems to be the general theme.  Much longer startup and exit
times for programs.  They aren't noticeably slower when I use them,
they just take a lot longer to start up and to dump me back to the
command line.

Thanks for your attention,

Matt